North Highland Church


History

1915. North Highland starts on 2nd Avenue in Columbus, Georgia with a small group of people under the direction of Reverend and Mrs. S.W. Noles.

1920. The small group moves to 3009 5th Avenue in Columbus, Georgia and becomes an organized church.

1922. North Highland was officially recognized by the General Council of the Assemblies of God.

1923. Reverend and Mrs. J.M. Graham become the first full-time pastors of North Highland.

1925.  Pastor Graham contructs a new building from ground up on 3rd Avenue in Columbus, Georgia.

1938.
Reverend and Mrs. J.O. Savell constructs a larger building on the same 3rd Avenue site with a record attendance of 658.

1943. The church attendance reaches 811 under the direction of Reverend and Mrs. Keetah Jones.

1955. Reverend and Mrs. Edgar Bethany contructs a new building on the corner of 38th Street and 5th Avenue in Columbus, Georgia with a record attendance of 1233.

1984. The present facility was envisioned under the leadership of Reverend and Mrs. Clyde Wasdin and completed under the leadership of Reverend and Mrs. Wallace Weber.

1986. Reverend and Mrs. Jim Swilley become Pastors of North Highland. During their ministry here, they built the Royal Ranger Lodge, the community Prayer Tower (1998), added a preschool section, and expanded the Royal Ranger Lodge (2005).

2007. Reverend and Mrs. Dennis Lacy become pastors.

2012. The Worship Center was expanded to seat over 900. This project was under the leadership of Pastor Lacy.





 

Visit Us On FacebookVisit Us On Youtube